Monday, February 11, 2008

Safely Home



I know we did a poor job of updating the vacation blog daily, but it was due to a lack of technology, not desire I promise! I will work on movies, and slideshows and more evidence of fun this week. For now you'll have to settle for these gorgeous pictures, of my beautiful babies, having the time of their lives!


The dolphin swim was ridiculously expensive! But through the magic of Time Share we had breakfast and got Delaney in for free. We were told Cameron was too young and would have to wait until he was at least 8 so we promised him a different adventure and he seemed fine with the idea. But the more Delaney talked about how excited she was...the more Cameron thought he might really LIKE to swim with the dophins. Still, we couldn't find a way around the age restriction.


When we arrived at Cabo Dolphins to make Delaney's reservation we were told that Cameron WAS old enough for something called the Dolphin encounter. But they only do that at 3:00 every afternoon. We had to wait 2 days to get him on the list. I made a deal with the time share people again, and got his ticket for $50 (instead of the $165 it would have been)


I thought they would burst waiting the 2 days until they could get in the water. Delaney was up first at 1:30 and Cameron would have his turn at 3:00. (I'm leaving out a big hunk of story here that Chris will want to tell you. Yep...I'm a bonehead!) NOW the Cabo Dolphin people tell us Cameron is NOT old enough and that he has to have a paying adult along with him. I asked how much for the paying adult and a very nive woman behind the counter told me $165!!! Yipes! I must have looked like I was going to throw up because just then a different woman said we could do it for $85. I happily handed her the money and took CHRIS his wetsuit.


That part of the story that I'm leaving out where I'm a bonehead and don't behave very well on vacation...that was enough to get Chris a trip into the dolphin tank to share the joy with his son. It was better that way. I think the 3 of them had the most possible fun and I loved just watching them.


Delaney was out and dry and raving about what a wonderful experience it was. She got to lie on a boogie board and the dolphin pushed her around the ring at top speed. She held up a pole and a dolphin flipped over the top of it. She said it was magic!


In the interim, Cameron has gotten nervous LOL and doesn't think he wants to go. Chris essentially just scooped him up, plopped him in the water and said "here comes the dolphin - better get ready!" As soon as Cameron put his hands on the dolphins back, his face just lit up! He LOVED it! I wasn't sure we would be able to get him OUT of the water.


You can't take any of your own photos - they get you on the pictures, but they are worth it don't you think? I will smile everytime I look at them. Hope you do too.


Peace,

2 comments:

libbymorton said...

Oh nothing can be finer than those pictures. It must have really been magical and I am sure it would have been to the old Grandma too and I love you

Hunts said...

We love the pictures & the beautiful Cabo sunsets bring special memories of our first trip there where we experienced the Rock of Love & saw the whales in their mating habitat, played golf at 4 PGA courses & drank margaritas!
Sorry we didn't blog much while you guys were there--we had two couples from San Diego & Detroit visiting us for Mardi Gras Week. Fully enjoying her recent retirement, Rita is off to Tahoe in a few days, then we're off to Puerto Plata in March & Rita is cruising the Carribean in April!

Libby: You MUST see those Cabo sunsets as they are beautiful!

Take care!
Steve (Dad) & Rita